Validate tax IDs during the onboarding in the Airbase Vendor Portal to avoid any penalties during 1099 reporting. Airbase validates the tax IDs of the vendors against the IRS records.
Here’s how to validate the tax IDs during the onboarding:
- Under the Tax Details section.
- Enter the correct Legal Name and Tax ID.
Airbase will validate the tax ID once these tax details are submitted.
Here’s how to validate the tax IDs on the Vendor Portal account:
- Click Edit under Contact & Tax Info in the Basic Details section.
- Enter the correct Legal Name and Tax ID of the vendor.
- Click Save to initiate the Tax ID Validation.
Airbase displays the current tax ID validation status on the vendor’s accounts. Airbase sends email notifications to the vendors when the tax ID validation fails and the tax details are found to be invalid.
- The Tax ID Validation feature is only applicable to domestic vendors.
- Vendors’ tax details cannot be edited when validation is in progress.
- If you do not wish to submit the Tax ID details, please reach out to your customer to mark the requirement for tax details as optional.