Change the Spend Owner for a Virtual Card when responsibility for the card changes.
To transfer the card ownership:
- Find the card on the Virtual Cards page.
- Click on the Transfer button on the top-right corner.
- Enter the Email address or the name of the new Spend Owner.
- Click Transfer.
Accept Virtual Card ownership transfer.
The card ownership transfer will complete when the new Spend Owner accepts the transfer.
Follow the steps below to accept a transfer:
- Go to Requests > Ownership Transfers page.
- Find the request under the Pending tab.
- Click on the request.
- Click Approve to accept or Deny to reject the transfer. If approved, the owner on the card details page will now show the new Spend Owner.
- Virtual Card ownerships transferred by Admin users do not need to be accepted by the User.
- Admin users can transfer the Virtual Cards they don’t own.
Cancel Virtual Card ownership transfer.
Before the ownership transfer is accepted by the new Spend Owner, the transfer can be canceled by the requester.
Follow these steps to cancel the transfer:
- Find the Virtual Card awaiting transfer from the Virtual Cards page.
- Click on Cancel on the banner at the top of the page.
This will withdraw the ownership transfer request before the new Spend Owner accepts the request.
Non-Admin users need Manage Card Spend Controls User Permission to transfer Virtual Cards they don’t own.