Receipt Compliance ensures that the Card Owner uploads receipts for the Virtual Card transactions. Card Owners will receive email reminders from Airbase to attach receipts to transactions.
Receipt Compliance is enabled for all Virtual Cards by default.
With the Auto-lock option enabled, if the Card Owner fails to upload the receipts within the set number of days after the transaction, the card will be locked.
To continue using the card after it is Locked, the Card Owner needs to upload the receipts and contact the Admin to Unlock the card.
- Only Admins can enable Receipt Compliance for Virtual Cards.
- The Receipt Compliance policy needs to be enabled for each Virtual Card individually.
To set up Receipt Compliance for a Virtual Card:
- Find the card on the Virtual Cards page.
- Click Edit Information.
- Receipt Compliance will be enabled by default for the card.
- Toggle Auto-lock to set the time period to upload receipts after a transaction goes through.
- Click Save.
The Card Owner will receive a reminder email to upload the receipt two days before the card is set to be locked.
An email will be sent to the Card Owner and the Admin if the card is locked due to Receipt Compliance.
You can disable Receipt Compliance of Virtual Cards for services like Google & Facebook Ads that send annual or monthly statements. Such merchants are likely to charge the card several times a day and hence have hundreds of transactions in a month.
If Receipt Compliance is disabled for a Virtual Card:
- Transactions on the Virtual Card with missing receipts will not be accounted for in the Attach Receipts tile on the Dashboard.
- The Card Owner will not get receipt reminders for transactions on the Virtual Card.