- Keep the ACH Details fields empty for Check Payments.
- If ACH Details are added, Airbase will initiate an ACH Transfer for the Vendor by default.
- Click here to find out more about adding these fields to the Vendor details.
Initiate Check Payment.
To process a check for the Vendor, Airbase requires Pay to and Address information.
For existing Vendors, update Check Details in the Vendor's Profile.
Once the bill is created and the approvals are in,
- Go to Bill Payments > Payments > Unpaid.
- Locate the bill using the Filter option.
- Select the bill and in the Payment Detail section you have three options:
- Pay Now: A check will be issued right away.
- Pay by Due Date: To ensure that the check is delivered on the due date, the check will be issued ten days before.
- Schedule Payment: A check will be issued on the scheduled date.
Airbase will issue a Check to the Vendor on your behalf.
Once issued, the Vendor will receive the check via USPS within ten business days.
Automate Check Payments.
Alternatively, you can automate Check Payments. With this option, Airbase will initiate Check payment on the due date once the approvals are in for the bills.
To automate Check payments:
- Go to Bill Payments > Inbox.
- Click Settings.
- Check the Initiate payment after all approvals are in option.
However, ensure all the payment details of the vendor are in place. Check payment cannot be initiated automatically without the payment details on record.
- If the Vendor's address is not serviceable for USPS, you'll be prompted to update the Vendor's address or change the mode of payment to ACH.
- Airbase will send the first page of the invoice document along with the check. Add the remittance information to the Invoice Number field while creating the bill. It will reflect in the memo line on the check. Note that there is a 21 character limit on the Invoice Number field. Say, you set the Invoice Number field to RemID 200000001330699. It will appear on the printed check as For Invoice RemID 200000001330699.