Recurring Virtual Card Entries are synced with the GL in two ways:
1. Auto-Sync ledger entries with the GL.
Airbase will automatically sync Recurring Virtual Card expenses using Virtual Card Rules.
When a new expense is created and paid for, Airbase will not create a ledger entry until you’ve reviewed and approved the corresponding Virtual Card Rule.
2. Manually sync ledger entries with the GL.
If Auto-Sync is disabled for a Virtual Card, the ledger entries of every transaction need to be manually reviewed and synced with the GL.
Here's how to manually sync ledger entries with the GL:
- Go to Accounting > Ledger Entries > Pending Review.
- Use the Filter option and set Payment Method as Virtual Card. Click Apply.
- Find the transaction.
- Click on Edit to make the changes.
- Click Save to save the changes.
- Alternatively, click Save and Sync with <the name of your GL> to save the changes then sync immediately.