Lock cards as an additional layer of security if there is any suspected fraudulent activity.
When the card is Locked charges will not be processed.
Only an Active card can be Locked.
There are three Lock Statuses:
|Locked||The card is Locked immediately. This is commonly used when there is suspicion of fraudulent activities on the card.|
|Pending||The card is set to lock at a future date. If the card is issued for a marketing event trip, the Admin can lock the card automatically after the event ends.|
This the default status of a card. The status of a locked or pending card can be changed to this status.
Change the Lock Status.
Here is how you can change a Lock Status:
- Go to Physical Cards and find the card.
- Click Edit Information.
- Select a Lock Status from the dropdown menu: Locked, Pending, Unlocked.
- Click Save.
The card can be automatically Locked due to the following reasons:
- Violation of the Receipt Compliance Policy.
- Airbase detects a transaction with a high fraud score.
- If the card was not used for more than sixty days.
Manage Spend Controls User Permission is needed to:
- Change the Lock Status from Pending.
- Lock the Physical Card owned by another User.