As part of the ACH payment process, you will need to collect a Vendor’s W9 form. Airbase tracks whether a Vendor has submitted a W9 form or not.
If the Vendor has access to the Airbase Vendor Portal, they can upload their W9 themselves.
Upload a W9 form for a Vendor.
To upload a W9 for a Vendor:
- Go to the Vendors page and locate the Vendor.
- Find the Files widget on the right side of the page.
- Click on the Upload new file option.
- Select W9 from the drop-down list.
- Upload the file.
Make W9 mandatory for Bill Payments.
When enabled, this setting mandates a W9 form for all ACH transfers and Check Payments. This means a Vendor cannot be paid until they have submitted a W9 form.
To enable this setting:
- Go to Bill Payments > Inbox.
- Click on the
- Settings icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Enable the Require W9 forms for all vendors option.