Add your Vendor’s account information for ACH transfers and address for Check payments while creating their Vendor profile.
These details can be found on the Vendor Details page.
Go to the Vendors section in Airbase to find the list of all the Vendors rendering services to your company.
Clicking on a Vendor will redirect you to their Vendor Details page.
The Vendor Details page of Vendors based in the US has the following details:
- Payment information, such as the bank account details for ACH transfers and address details for Check payments.
- Total amount spent on the Vendor. This will be in USD for all Vendors including international Vendors.
- Vendor’s preferred currency. Vendor’s preferred currency. This will be USD for US-based vendors.
- Contact and tax information.
- Files, including W-9, W-8BEN, and contracts.
- Payment history: Virtual Card, ACH transfers, and Check payments.
- Receipts attached to Virtual Card transactions.
- Unpaid bills.
- Vendor Credit details.
- Vendor’s default payment method.
Update Vendor details.
You can make changes to your Vendor's payment details, contact info, and tax details and payment terms.
You need to add the Vendor’s email address on the Contact & Tax Info section to update their payment details.
To update a Vendor’s bank account details for ACH transfers, click the Edit option on the ACH Details section. Fill in the following details:
- Name on Account.
- Account Number.
- Routing Number.
- Account Type.
Airbase will populate the Bank Name based on the Routing Number.
Airbase will validate the Vendor’s account number. The process will take 3–4 business days. Click Remove to delete the Vendor’s ACH account details.
Click the Edit option on the Check Details section to update your Vendor’s Address details. Airbase will send Checks to this address on your behalf. For Check Payments, the following details are mandatory:
- Pay To.
To update your Vendor’s contact details, tax information, and payment terms, click Edit on the Contact & Tax Info section.
Set default payment method.
When a bill is created for a Vendor, the payment will be made to the Vendor’s Default Payment Method.
If the bank account details or address details are missing for a Vendor, Virtual Card will become their Default Payment Method.
The Vendor Details page of such Vendors will say Using virtual card as default method.
The payment information added while creating the Vendor becomes their Default Payment Method. For instance, if you add the ACH details of the Vendor while creating their Vendor Profile, then ACH becomes their Default Payment Method. The same applies to the payment details added by the Vendor on their Vendor Portal account.
However, the Default Payment Method can be changed. Update the Vendor’s new payment details and click Set as default.
For example, if you want to switch a Vendor’s payment method from ACH to check,
- Click Edit on the Check Details section.
- Enter the Vendor’s Pay to and Address details.
- Click Save to confirm the payment details.
- Click Set as default to set Check as the Vendor’s default payment method.
For every bill created for the Vendor, Airbase will set Check as their Default Payment Method.
Before initiating payment, if the Vendor’s ACH details and Check payment details are present, you can choose between ACH, check, and Virtual Cards to pay the Vendor.