Welcome to Airbase — your new way to manage company spend. This checklist will guide you through the best way to set up your account!
Verify your Bank Account and Fund Airbase.
- Verify your bank account by entering the micro-deposits in the Settings tab.
- Fund Airbase and set up Auto-load:
- We recommend setting your Auto-load amount to 25% of your monthly spend on Airbase.
- Your Auto-load amount is transferred via ACH and takes 3 business days for the funds to become available.
Configure the Admin Settings.
- Create customized User Roles for your employees.
- Airbase gives you two out-of-the-box roles. Make sure you add new roles for managers, VPs, etc. These are for users that may need more access to Airbase other than just the employee level.
- Identify which user roles should have Single Approval Limits. When you set a single approval limit for a user role you’re specifying a dollar amount up to which users can spend without approval.
- Add your business's departments.
- Departments in Airbase don’t have to mirror the departments in your GL. Instead, they should be groups of people at your business that should have the same Approval Policies.
- Create a default Approval Policy or department-specific approval policies based on your business needs.
- Make sure you have at least one default policy created before you invite your employees to start spending with the platform.
- Map out your Accounting Policies.
- Set up policies based on your tags (class, location, department) and assign users their specific policy.
- Select which categories the user with this policy should see when they make a purchase and give them tips by adding aliases.
Invite your Spend Owners.
- Identify your existing spend owners and invite them to join Airbase.
- Be sure to give them your new customized User Roles, add them to their department and give them an Accounting Policy.
Generate your Virtual Cards.
- Create Virtual Cards in Airbase for all of your existing expenses.
- Update the Spend Limits to reflect what the vendors currently charge you.
- Approve each Virtual Card’s Virtual Card Rule.
- Set as many to auto-sync as possible, as this will automate transactions booking into your GL.
- Transfer the vendor-specific Virtual Cards to the correct spend owners at your business.
- Have your new spend owners log in to the vendors and update payment details with the new Virtual Card numbers.
Order Physical Cards.
- After reviewing your new Virtual Cards and spend owners for each, identify which individuals will still need to spend money in person.
- After you’ve identified who needs Physical Cards, navigate to the Physical Card tab to order them.
- Shipping takes up to 7 business days.
- Make sure you set realistic Spend Limits on these physical cards. TheSpend Limit can be daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
Train the rest of the Team.
- Invite the rest of your employees to Airbase OR turn on the setting Allow access without invitation so employees can just log in with their work email addresses.
- Notify the team that they can start requesting Airbase virtual cards for new expenses.
- Check out our employee training videos on our Help Center.
Set up Rules and Sync to the GL.
- Edit & Approve all Virtual Card Rules under the Virtual Card Rules tab.
- We recommend reviewing these on a weekly basis.
- Create Physical Card Rules to automate the populating of GL vendor names.
- Sync transactions to the GL by navigating to Ledger Entries > Pending Review in Airbase.