Reports gives a comprehensive view of the expenses in your organization. All the expenses are classified into four different reports:
1. Summary Report: This report includes a graphical representation of every Virtual Card, Physical Card, and Bill Payment spend. It also includes a Snapshot of all the top expenses by Vendors and General Ledger Categories.
2. Departments Report: A detailed report on the department-wise spend.
3. People Report: Report on the individual spend of every employee.
4. All Transactions Report: Provides a detailed list of all the Virtual Card, Physical Card, and Bill Payment transactions.
Departments Report, People Report, and All Transactions Report includes a dashboard at the top of the page. The components of the dashboard are:
1. Total Amount Spent.
The Total Amount Spent is calculated based on all completed transactions for the time period set by the filter on the top-right corner of the screen.
For instance, if the filter is set to Month To Date, you will find transactions from the 1st of the month to the current date.
Pending transactions are not included in the report.
2. Spend Trends.
The dashboard includes a comparison of the current spend with the spend of the previous time period. The time period is set using the filter on the top-right corner of the screen.
For instance, if the filter is set to Month To Date on 13th of May, the Spend Trends is calculated based on the comparison of spend between 1st–13th of April and 1st–13th of May.
It is color-coded:
Green: Reduction in spend compared to the past
Red: Increase in spend compared to the past.
3. Spend Period.
Set a time period to view the report.
Month To Date: Expenses from the 1st of the month to the current date.
Last Month: Expenses of the previous month.
Quarter To Date: Expenses from the 1st day of the quarter to the current date.
Last Quarter: Expenses of the previous quarter.
Custom: Set a Start Date and End Date to view the expenses within the set dates.
4. Change the first fiscal month.
Admins have the option to update the first fiscal month of the year. By default the first month of the fiscal year is considered as January.
Updating the first fiscal month will make sure the Quarter to Date and Last Quarter views of Departments Report and People Report are customized as per the financial year followed by your company.
It makes it easier for Managers to compare their quarterly spend with the budge for the quarter.
To update this:
- Go to Reports page.
- Click on the 'gear' icon on the top-right corner.
- Select the first fiscal month from the drop-down list and click Save.
- Click Confirm.
Once the first fiscal month is updated the changes will reflect for every User.
Airbase will send an email to the other Airbase Admins about the change in the first fiscal month.