The User Role and its corresponding User Permissions determine the features a User can access in Airbase.
For instance, if you want Users with Employee User Role to update the Spend Limit of their Virtual Card, you need to enable Manage Card Spend Controls User Permission for the Employee User Role.
To assign a User Role to a new User, mention the User Role while sending the email invite to use Airbase.
Update the User Role of an existing User.
To assign a new User Role for an existing Airbase user,
- Go to People > Users.
- Find the User from the list.
- Hover over their name and click the three dots that appear.
- Click Edit.
- Update Role.
- Click Save to confirm.
The Default Role will be assigned to the Users who sign up for Airbase without an invitation.
To set a Default Role:
- Go to People > User Roles.
- Select the User Role from the list.
- Click Set as Default Role on the top-right corner.
- The Administrator User Role cannot be set as the Default Role.
- To assign Administrator User Role to a new Airbase User, set the User Role as Administrator while sending them an invite via Airbase.
Users need Manage Users, Roles, and Departments User Permission to assign a User Role to an Airbase User.