If your organization pays for the same service using two different Virtual Cards, you can give them an alias, making it easy for them to tell the cards apart.
Say you have two Virtual Cards paying for Salesforce subscription – one used by the Marketing team and one by the Sales team. Giving the card aliases, like Salesforce Marketing and Salesforce Sales, will help you differentiate their transactions.
Add Spend Alias to Virtual Cards.
To give a Virtual Card an alias:
- Find the Virtual Card on the Virtual Cards page.
- Hover over the name of the service to find the Add Alias option.
- Type in the alias.
- Click Save to confirm.
Users who are Spend Owners, Managers, and Admins can give aliases to Virtual Cards.
The card aliases will show up in the following places in Airbase:
- Email notifications: The email notifications you receive with regards to the Virtual Card.
- Slack notifications: Payment declined notifications from Slack.
- Spend Limit change requests: Spend limit change requests in the Airbase account and on Airbase Mobile app notifications.
- Transactions page: When the card is charged, the transaction will show on the Transactions page with the card alias.
- Ledger Entries: The ledger entry in Airbase.
Search and find Virtual Cards with Spend Alias.
Virtual Cards with Spend Alias can be searched by either the alias or the Service name. This makes it easy to find the specific card you may be looking for.
The search is useful for finance leaders and Admins who have access to all the Virtual Cards in your organization.
Users need View All Expenses or View Department's Card Expenses User Permission to search and find the cards owned by other Users.