This feature is currently in beta. To enable this for your Airbase Account, please reach out to our Customer Support team.
Okta is a secure and reliable cloud-based platform, which integrates deeply with on-premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
With Okta, your IT team can manage an employee's access to any application or device.
If your organization subscribes to both Airbase and Okta, employees can log in to Airbase using their Okta login.
Setting up Okta for Airbase is a two-step process.
1. Set up Airbase in your company’s Okta Account.
Only Users with Admin privilege in Okta can add Airbase to your company’s Okta instance.
Step 1: Add Airbase Application.
- Log in to Okta Admin Console and follow the instructions below:
- Go to Applications > Applications page.
- Click Add Application.
- Search and locate Airbase application.
- Click Add.
- On the General Settings page, keep the Application label as Airbase.
- Click Done.
Step 2: Fetch the ACS URL from Airbase.
You need the ACS URL from Airbase to configure SAML in Okta.
In your Airbase account:
- Go to People > Users.
- Click the settings icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Configure SSO on the pop-up.
- Click Continue to find the list of identity providers.
- Choose Okta from the list and click Continue.
- The following screen will give you the ACS URL. Make a note of it.
Users need Manage users, roles, and departments User Permission to access the People section in Airbase.
Leave this screen on, you’ll have to come back to this screen while setting up Okta in Airbase.
Step 3: Configure SAML.
Now return to the Okta window to configure SAML.
Click Edit and enter the following information:
- ACS URL: Enter the ACS URL copied from Step 2.
- Application Username format: Select Email from the dropdown.
Step 4: Download metadata.
Download metadata from Okta to use while configuring Okta in Airbase.
- Go to Applications > Application.
- Find the Airbase application from the list.
- Go to the Sign on tab.
- Scroll down to find Identify Providers's Metadata link.
- Click the link; it will either download the metadata file to your device or open an XML file in a new browser tab. Save the file in .xml format.
2. Set up Okta in Airbase.
Once the SAML configuration is complete, setup in Okta is complete.
Now, you need to configure Okta in Airbase to redirect Airbase Users to Okta user authentication. This is an extension of Step 2 while setting up Airbase in Okta.
In your Airbase Account,
- Go to People > Users.
- Click the settings icon on the top-right corner of the page.
- Click Configure SSO.
- Click Continue on the Single Sign-On Configuration page.
- Select Okta from the list of identity providers and click Continue.
- Upload the XML file from SAML configuration downloaded in Step 5.
- Click Continue to complete the configuration.
Users need Manage Users, Roles, and Departments User Permission to access the People section in Airbase.