This is an add-on feature available for an additional charge. Contact Airbase Customer Success team for details on pricing.
The second part of a Rule is the list of Approvers.
When the conditions are met, Airbase will send the request to the Approvers in the order they’re listed in the Rule.
In the example above, when a User from the Marketing team requests for an Advertising Spend, the request will be forwarded to Alexa Morales first. Once the request is approved, it’ll be forwarded to Bonnie Bass. However, if Alexa denies the request, the User will be informed and the request will not go to Bonnie.
You can select each Approver individually. After adding in the conditions, choose the Approvers in the hierarchy you’d like the request to follow.
As an organization grows, a spend is likely to have more than one stakeholders.
Consider Salesforce. As your Marketing and Sales teams grow, you are likely to have more than one subject matter expert handling Salesforce in your organization. It’s pertinent to make all of them aware of the Salesforce spends. When you create an Approval Group with all the SMEs, no spend will go unmonitored.
To create an Approval Group:
- Go to Settings > Approval Policy > Approval Groups.
- Click + New Group.
- Give the group a Name and Description.
- If the requester should only need approval from one of the Users in the Approval Group,
- Select One of the members.
- Type in the name of the Approval Group members and select them from the list.
- Click Create.
- If the request should get approval from all the members of the Approval Group,
- Select All Members.
- If you want the approvals to be done sequentially, toggle Approve sequentially option.
- Type in the name of the Approval Group members and select them from the list. The group should have at least 3 members.
- Change the sequence if needed.
- Click Create.
While creating a Rule, you’ll have the option to select the Approval Group as Approvers.
If the User requesting the expense is not a part of the Approval Policies defined, the listed Fallback Approver will appear as the Approver for the expense.
It is mandatory to set a Fallback Approver as it ensures no expense request goes unfiltered.
You can always change the Fallback Approver.
To set or change the Fallback Approver:
- Go to Settings > Approval Policy.
- Click the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Fallback Approver from the list. Type in their name for an easy search.
- Click Save to confirm.