This is an add-on feature available for an additional charge. Contact Airbase to learn more.
Custom Fields set up in your NetSuite account can be populated in Airbase.
The benefits of setting up the NetSuite Custom Fields in Airbase are:
- Additional information required around a spend is captured in a structured format.
- The finance team need not spend the time it takes to manually capture this information in the GL or chasing employees to provide the information.
- Capture critical accounting, reporting or compliance information as part of the spend request and sync this information directly with the NetSuite.
Setup NetSuite Custom Fields in Airbase.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Set up custom fields.
Log in to your NetSuite Account and set up the required custom fields. Identify the custom fields that should be a part of the request/create form in Airbase.
Step 2: Conditions.
Decide on when these custom fields should appear on the request/create form in Airbase.
- Price: Set a price limit beyond that which the custom fields will show up for the employees to fill.
- Category: Custom fields can be triggered when the employee selects certain spend categories. Decide what categories can trigger the custom fields for the employee to fill.
Step 3: Contact Airbase Support.
Contact Airbase Support and provide the following details:
- Custom field ID.
- Price limit and categories that will trigger the custom fields on the request/create form.
Once the setup is complete, Airbase will collect the details from your employee and sync them with NetSuite.
Employees requesting Virtual Cards.
When an employee requests a Virtual Card, Airbase will check if the Cost and Category entered by the employee match with the conditions set. If they match, the employee will find the NetSuite Custom Fields to fill in the details.
In the example above, when the Cost is $100 or more, and the Category is Accrued Purchases the NetSuite Custom Fields will show up for the employee to fill in.
Approving the Virtual Card Request.
Approvers will find the NetSuite Custom Fields under the Additional Information section while approving the Virtual Card request.
Setting up Virtual Card Rules.
For Recurring Virtual Cards, the corresponding Virtual Card Rule needs to be approved for the transaction ledger entries to be synced with NetSuite. NetSuite Custom Fields will be visible to the User approving the Virtual Card Rule.
To edit and approve a Virtual Card Rule, Manage Accounting User Permission is needed.
Syncing Virtual Card Transactions.
To edit and sync ledger entries with NetSuite, Manage Accounting User Permission is needed.