Purchase Orders is an add-on feature available for an additional charge. Contact the Airbase Customer Success team to learn more.
Create Purchase Orders and match them with corresponding invoices in Airbase.
Only Airbase Admins can have the option to create a PO in Airbase.
To create a Purchase Order:
- Go to Dashboard.
- Click Create as Admin > Purchase Order.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Purchase Order Info:
- Service or Item: Type in the name of the Vendor and select them from the pre-populated list. If the Vendor is not on the list, you can create a new Vendor in Airbase.
- Spend owner in your company.
- Amount: Enter the amount for the service.
- Buffer Amount: There are occasions where the Vendor might charge a little extra than the agreed amount at the end of the service. Enter the additional amount here.
- Service Start Date and Service End Date: The time period of contract with the Vendor. This is an optional field.
- Description: Internal notes that will help provide the Approvers with more context on what the request is for.
- Files: Upload quotes, contracts, or other documents related to the Purchase Order.
- Purchase Order Info:
- General Ledger: Add GL information, such as GL Categories, GL Tags, and GL Vendor, that allows the Accounting team to book the expense in the GL. Add multiple GL Categories and split the amount.
- Purchase Order Documents: Toggling this option sends a copy of the PO document to your Vendor when approved. Additional information can be added to a Purchase Order document that’s sent to the Vendor.
- Vendor Address: The Vendor’s address. Airbase will populate Vendor's Address used in the previous PO.
- Order Details: Enter additional information on the order and this will be listed in the PO. This field is optional.
- Terms and Conditions: Define the terms and conditions you have with the Vendor here. This will be helpful for future reference. This field is optional.
- Preview PO File: This option gives you a preview of the Purchase Order file that will be sent to the Vendor once it’s approved.
- Click Create to confirm.
Airbase will send an email to the Spend owner in your company with the details of the PO created on their behalf.
The PO can be tracked on the Purchase Orders > Open page.
When a PO is closed by the finance department, it will be moved to the Purchase Orders > Closed page.