This feature is available for an additional charge. Contact Airbase Customer Success team to learn more.
For out-of-pocket expenses, you can request reimbursements using your Airbase account.
Based on your User Role, department, and the nature of your request, Airbase will check your request against the Reimbursement Policy that apply to you and will also list the Approvers based on the Reimbursement Approval Policy.
To request a reimbursement in Airbase:
- Go to the Dashboard page.
- Set up your bank account for reimbursements if you haven’t already done so.
- Click Request > Reimbursement.
- Upload the receipt of the spend or Import the receipt from the Receipt Inbox.
- Airbase will fill in the Merchant Name, Amount, and Transaction Date fields automatically. You can make changes to these fields if needed.
- Fill in the following information:
- Expense Info.
- Category: GL Category of the transaction.
- Tag: GL Tag of the transaction.
- Purpose: Mention the reason for the spend. Be as detailed as possible so the Approver can make the right decision.
- Additional Info.
- Upload files: Attach additional documents to the request, like screenshots of emails or Slack approvals to provide more context to the Approvers.
- Notes: Additional information to provide further context to the Approver.
- Expense Info.
- Based on the details entered, the Required Approvers will be listed.
- Click Submit.
- Once submitted the Approvers will be notified in the order they were listed under Required Approvers.
- However, if the request conflicts with the Reimbursement Policy of your organization:
- Warning: You’ll be allowed to submit the request. You can also make changes to the request if needed.
- Blocked: You’ll not be allowed to submit the request.
- If the Merchant Name is not available in the pre-existing list, you can key in your merchant’s name and select the option that says (New Service) in the dropdown list.
- If you're unsure of the Category or Tag, pick one that's closely related to the vendor. The Accounting team can change it later.
You can track the status of the request in Airbase.
Alternatively, you can request from the Reimbursements page.
Import receipts from the Receipts’ Inbox.