Sandbox will help you experience the feature without altering your current settings.
If you’re interested in signing up for the Advanced Approvals feature, contact the Airbase Customer Success team.
Accessing Advanced Approvals Sandbox.
If you’re on Standard Approval Policy, there will be a banner on your Homepage that says ‘Advanced Approvals is available now!’.
Click the Open Sandbox option on the banner. A pop up will appear with all the details on the Advanced Approval Policy feature and the Sandbox account, including:
- What Advanced Approvals feature means.
- What’s included in the Advanced Approvals package.
- How your current Approval policy will remain unaffected irrespective of the changes made in the Sandbox.
Click Open Sandbox on the pop-up to access the Advanced Approvals Sandbox.
On the Sandbox, Airbase will populate Approval Policies, Approvers, and Approval Groups at random. These Policies, Approvers, or Approval Groups do not reflect your current Approval Policy or your org structure.
In the Sandbox account:
- Add new sample Approval Policies.
- Update, copy and delete sample policies.
- Add Approvers to Approval Policy Rules.
- Create new Approval Groups.
- Add or remove members from sample Approval Groups.
- Simulate requests to find out how the request is routed to Approvers or Approval Groups.
None of these changes will impact your current Approval Policy.
- If you click Skip on the banner, it will disappear and not show up on your Airbase Homepage again.
- Alternatively, you can access the Advanced Approvals Sandbox from the Settings > Policy > Approval Policy page.
Simulate Request option will show you the Advanced Approvals in action.
You can set the Requester, Amount, Service, GL Category, Line Tag, and Transaction Tag. Airbase will evaluate these parameters and list the Approvers and the Approval Policies applicable to the request.
To simulate a spend request for any employee in your organization on Airbase Sandbox:
- Access Sandbox.
- Under the Approval Policies tab, select the sub-tab based on the type of request you want to simulate.
- Choose from Recurring Virtual Cards, One-time Virtual Cards, Reimbursements, and Purchase Orders.
- Under each sub-tab, you will find the list of sample Approval Policy Rules created by Airbase.
- You can set up new Rules by clicking on the + New Rule option if needed.
- Once the Rules are in place, click Simulate Request.
- Set the following Parameters:
- Requester: This is a mandatory field. Select any employee from the drop-down. The employee’s Department will be factored in while listing the Approval Policies and Approvers for the request.
- Amount: This is a mandatory field. Set the dollar amount for the spend. If you’re simulating a Recurring Virtual Card request, Airbase will calculate the annual spend based on the amount set here.
- Service or Item: This is an optional field. Select the vendor or service the spend is for.
- Category: This is an optional field. Select the GL Category of the spend.
- Line Tag: This is an optional field. Select the GL Line Tag of the spend.
- Transaction Tag: This is an optional field. Select the GL Transaction Tag of the spend.
- Based on the Parameters set, Airbase will list the Approvers, Approval Groups, and Approval Policy Rules that will apply to the spend request submitted by the Requester.
Let’s take an example of an employee from the Marketing team requesting a Recurring Virtual Card for LinkedIn.
The Users listed under Approvers will be notified in the same order. The Users in the Approval Group will be notified at the same time.
The Approval Policy Rules are prioritized in the same order they're listed. This means that if there are conflicting Rules, the Rule that’s top of the priority list will take precedence.
The Approvers are listed based on the priority of each Approval Policy Rule.
To go back to using Airbase, click on the Exit option on the top-right corner of the screen.
You can also click any of the options on the left panel to exit the Advanced Approval Sandbox.