This feature is available for an additional charge. Contact Airbase Customer Success team to learn more.
Airbase Reimbursements can be synced with NetSuite and QuickBooks Online.
Here’re the configurations that need to be set up in your GL before initiating the sync.
Airbase Reimbursements are synced with NetSuite as Expense Reports.
The payment is handled similar to Bill Payments, where instead of bills, expense reports record the payable.
Every reimbursement transaction from a User in Airbase will be matched against the corresponding employee record in NetSuite. If the employee does not exist in NetSuite, Airbase will create a new instance of an employee record in NetSuite to match the transaction.
Airbase currently does not set the Department field when creating new employees in NetSuite. If the Department field is mandatory in the employee record, create the employee record first in NetSuite instead of having Airbase create it in NetSuite. This will prevent the sync of reimbursements for new employees from failing.
The following setup should be configured in NetSuite to sync Airbase Reimbursements with your NetSuite account.
Step 1: Update Airbase Integration Role.
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manager Roles.
- Edit the custom role called Airabse Integration.
- Under Permissions > Lists, add the following details:
- Employees = Full
- Employee Records = Full
- Expense Categories = View
- Under Permissions > Transactions, add the following details:
- Expense Reports = Full
Step 2: Setup Expense Categories.
This is only applicable if you haven't used NetSuite Expense Categories prior to Airbase Reimbursements.
- Go to Setup > Accounting > Expense Categories > New.
- Create an expense category for each expense GL account you wish to allow your users to file reimbursements against.
The example below shows the expense categories created with the name on the left and the GL expense account associated with it.
Step 3: Sync Accounts in Airbase.
Once the configuration in NetSuite is complete, initiate manual sync in Airbase.
Go to Settings > General Settings in your Airbase account, click on Sync Accounts.
Step 4: Update Airbase Accounting policy.
For the employees to view the NetSuite Expense Categories when requesting reimbursement in Airbase, the corresponding Accounting Policy needs to be updated.
- Go to Settings > Policies > Accounting Policy.
- Find the Accounting Policy from the list.
- Under the Accounts Visibility tab, select the GL Categories you want the User to select while requesting reimbursement. The GL Categories selected here will be visible to Virtual Card requests and Bill Payments.
- Under the Tags Visibility tab, select the GL Tags you want the User to select while requesting reimbursement. The GL Tags selected here will be visible to Virtual Card requests and Bill Payments.
Airbase Reimbursements are synced with QuickBooks Online as Bills.
The payment is handled the same way as Bill Payments.
Since Bill + Bill Payment approach is used for Airbase Reimbursements in QuickBooks Online, no additional configuration is required. Once the feature in Airbase is enabled, all is good to go.