This is an add-on feature available for an additional charge. Contact Airbase Customer Success team to learn more.
Once a Purchase Order is created or after the request is approved, the PO will be listed on the Purchase Orders > Open page.
Here you can gather the following information about an open PO:
- PO number.
- Owner of the PO: The employee who created or requested the Purchase Order.
- Approved: The amount approved for payment.
- Balance: The amount available for payments. The Balance will be lesser than Approved once the PO is matched to a bill, including bills that are awaiting approval.
- Suggested Accrual.
- Copy of the PO: Click on the attachment to open the PO document.
Airbase will calculate the Accrual Amount for POs.
This will save the time it takes to manually collate the Purchase Orders and predict the accruals for each PO with a matched bill.
While creating the Purchase Order, the Service Start Date, and Service End Date need to be entered so Airbase can calculate the Suggest Accrual Amount.
To view the detailed information about the Suggested Accrual Amount of a PO, click the ‘<’ icon next to the PO document.
Here’s the formula used to calculate the Suggested Accrual Amount:
(Serviced days on month end * Accrual Amount per day) — Invoiced amount
- Serviced days on month end: Number of days between the Service Start Date and last day of the current month.
- Accrual Amount per day: Approved PO amount/Number of days between the Service Start Date to Service End Date.
- Invoiced amount: Amount matched with the bill.
For example, you have a contract with Salesforce starting from 1 January 2021 extending to 31 December 2021 for an amount of $46,000.
On 15 March 2021, an invoice for $12,500 was raised. The bill for the invoice was approved and matched with the corresponding PO. When you check the Suggested Accrual Amount for the PO in April, here’s what it’ll be:
|Serviced days on Month End||Accrual Amount per Day||Invoiced Amount||Suggested Accrual Amount on April|
|120 (From January 1 to April 30)||$126.03 ($46,000/365)||$12,500||(120*$126.03)-$12,500=
You can export a detailed report on all the open POs in your organization using the Export option.
The report will include the following details:
- PO number.
- Spend Owner.
- PO Airbase Link.
- Service Start Date.
- Service End Date.
- Last Invoice Date.
- PO Amount.
- Unapproved Matched Bills.
- Not Paid Matched Bills.
- Paid Matched Bills.
- Projected Accrual Amount.
- GL Categories.