Airbase notifies Users via Email, Slack, and the Airbase Mobile App. Any information regarding a spend in Airbase will be sent to the corresponding stakeholders, be it a Virtual Card request sent to an approver, or the weekly spend summary sent to Airbase Admins.
You can choose the notifications you would like to receive from Airbase on the Notification Settings page. This will allow you to take charge of what you want to be notified about and where (Slack/ Email/ Airbase Mobile app) and ensure that all the important notifications don’t go unnoticed.
To find the Notification Settings page:
- Click on the arrow next to your name on your Airbase account.
- Click Account Settings.
- Go to the Notifications tab.
Airbase Users are notified via Email, Slack, and the Airbase Mobile App.
You can choose the channel you want the Airbase notification to reach you. By default, all three channels are enabled. To avoid all notifications on a particular channel, simply uncheck that channel.
For example, if you want to restrict all Airbase communications to Slack, uncheck Email and Mobile App from the list. You will only receive Airbase notifications sent via Slack.
Once you’ve unchecked a channel, you will not be able to change preferences for individual notifications on that channel. Enable the channel first, to edit preferences for any notifications through that channel.
However, there are Airbase doesn’t allow you to change preferences. You will find the below tooltip on such notifications:
All the notifications from Airbase and their corresponding channels are listed here.
Here you can select the channels you want to receive and disable the ones you don’t.
For example, if you don’t want to receive emails for One-time Virtual Card requests awaiting your approval, toggle notification from the corresponding channel to OFF.
You will no longer receive emails on One-time Virtual Card requests pending your approval.
The dash under a channel indicates that Airbase does not send that particular notification on the corresponding channel at the moment.
For example, invalid login attempts to your AIrbase account will be notified only via email.
All notifications from Airbase are classified into eight categories based on the nature of the alert. Within each category, individual notifications are bucketed into sections to help you locate the notification easily:
- Critical Alerts: All the notifications pertaining to the general information around your Airbase Account, like an invalid login attempt. This category is available only for administrators of your Airbase account.
- Cards: Notifications on Virtual Cards and Physical Cards are listed in this tab. The list includes notifications for requests pending approval, spend limit alerts, upcoming renewals, pending card locks, approval status on spend limit change requests, and Virtual Card transfer requests.
- Bill Payments: Bill Payment related notifications are listed here. It includes the payment status of ACH transfers and check payments, bill payment request status, weekly invoice summary, ACH account verification status of vendors, and change of vendor’s account details.
- Purchase Orders: Notifications on the status of spend requests, approvals, and consumption of POs are listed here.
- Receipt Compliance: Users will be notified if they fail to attach receipts to the transactions on cards they own. These notifications are listed here. Users, however, will not be able to turn off the notifications on the card lock warning email and the notification sent when the receipt compliance is enabled for your Airbase account.
- Your Transactions: This tab includes the alerts on failed card transactions, refunds, and the reminder to categorize your transactions.
- Others: Here you will find the notifications for the summary of all the requests awaiting your approval and the comments added to your spend requests.
- Reimbursements: Notifications on reimbursement requests awaiting your approval and the payment status of your reimbursement requests are listed here.